C.A.M. parents Teachers Residents
Keep Kings

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Parent Proposes a NO CONFIDENCE vote in Governors

I received this mail from a parent who attended both of tonights meetings.

The Governors
I feel very strongly that to only have 7 Governors turn up (that came to light at the second meeting) to hear the views of the parents that they represent, is appalling. I have NO confidence that they will make the right decision when they were not at the meetings to hear the parents concerns. There is also nothing planned for the Governors to meet with the parents to hear their views.
Maybe the time is right to table a vote of No Confidence in all of the Governors and vote in people who do care about the parents views and the education for our children.




Please also read my blog post here.  This attempts to place the frustration with the transparency of the dealings of the governors in some perspective.  A rather large reason for my writing that post was WHICH 7 governors were present or more pointedly which were absent.  If we are to take it that those present will listen to the parents views we perhaps have a clearer view of what is going on.

8 comments:

  1. I completely support a vote of no confidence in the Board of Governers. There were some present at the first meeting. They did not make themselves known nor did they offer any opinion. In fact the Governers sitting on the front row during the first meeting were involved in their own discussions so much so that they were disturbing those next to them. Lets get a board that WANTS to represent us and CARES for our children. I VOTE NO CONFIDENCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree conmpletely, how do we go about doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I support these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure it can be done...there is a book of guidelines perhaps it can be guidlelines on procedures.

    SCC can sack Governors, but not sure parents have any powers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parents can do this

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the Governors (Tomlinscote School)
    It seems majority of us parents of children that supposed to be you are representing has already lost our confidence on you as you are keeping quiet to this very big issue. We would like a meeting with the Board of Governors urgently so that we know what is your plan about this merger issues and we would like to know that a proper representation of our views will be considered as parents of children at Tomlinscote. I hope this is a fair request if the Board of Governors are still representing the parents. It is too late now to express our views for hiring the new Executive of the School as this has not even put through or asked our opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have heard that there is a split between the governors, with the TEACHER and PARENT governors completely AGAINST the merge, and they WERE at the meetings, however the other governors were not. Maybe they do not want to face reality and hear the truth from parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm going to
    start my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
    P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to
    ask!

    Also visit my page: chapter 13 bankruptcy florida

    ReplyDelete