C.A.M. parents Teachers Residents
Keep Kings

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Parents meet in opposition over Surrey Heath school merger


Hundreds of parents have met in Frimley as they protest against the merger of two schools in Surrey Heath.

They discussed council plans to unite Kings International and Tomlinscote.

Louise Nicholas is Chair of CAM; a group set up by parents from both schools - opposed to the merger.

She says the council's literature on the issue isn't convincing: "Currently, I haven't actually had any particular argument put to me that would persuade me that this is actually in the educational interests of our children.
"There is a lot of talk about money but not very much about education."

Surrey County Council says there aren't enough students to warrant both schools.

1 comment:

  1. I go to tomlinscote and i hate the idea of them merging. I have nothing against Kings students because i have friends there. I just dont want my school to move around.

    ReplyDelete